Thursday, May 10, 2018

6.5 Months

I've just finished moving, which was tough in my condition. I had to stop frequently, and I didn't let myself carry anything heavy. It's been a week now and, although my commute to work has more than doubled, I absolutely love my new home. It's much quieter and newer than the previous building. And I finally have in-suite laundry! R has been amazing in unpacking and decorating (he's faster at it than me). Sheep's room has temporarily become storage, but his items have been set aside, awaiting set-up.

The physical change leading up to now has been remarkable. There are negatives, such as the leg cramps, the lack of upper-body strength, and the fatigue while walking. Giving myself a pedicure or even just putting on socks is hard. But it's amazing feeling Sheep get stronger. I sing to the baby every day, and play classical music. However I'm also exposing Sheep to Mamá's favorites: CCR, Fleetwood Mac, Grimes, Missy Elliott, System of a Down. Nice, relaxing tunes, hahaha.

In the beginning I swore I wouldn't go gung-ho and buy too much for Sheep, but when R and I went to Value Village, they had an amazing selection of baby clothes and shoes and I couldn't resist. We didn't blow our budget but I definitely walked out with an armful of stuff. If only it were just as easy to find clothes that fit my expanding body.

No comments:

Post a Comment