Monday, February 12, 2018

From First to Second Trimester

I'm moving from the 12th to 13th week. My morning sickness came back a few days ago. Last week my morning sickness had been tapering off, but came back again. Today I felt good as I went to my genetic screening ultrasound. It was remarkable watching the baby on the screen. Sheep (our nickname for the baby) was stretching its legs a lot, tossing and turning, even flipping head to toe! The technician explained I couldn't feel these movements at this time because the baby has very little muscular structure, and is flipping within fluid. Seeing the movement live made my pregnancy feel more real.

I'm slowly starting to tell people here and there. One friend asked if my engagement was the result of the pregnancy. Timing-wise, my fiance proposed a week after I'd told him I was pregnant, but he'd actually planned to propose a month before. What happened was the ring's shipment was delayed by a month, therefore the proposal happened soon after I found out we were having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment